photo home menu bar 2_zps97razfol.jpg photo beauty menu bar_zpsdykmwcwr.jpg  photo shopping_zpsci6dvvpp.jpg

Book Review : 13 Reasons Why

06:09

Hi and assalamualaikum :)
well its been a while since I do the book review. So I decided to update my honest comment and review on the book I've recently finished which is 13 Reasons Why. I actually discovered about this novel through their series from netflix and I've already watched this series way before I read the novel itself. There might be scenes that are different from the series on netflix *that's why I like to read the novel before I watch the movie*

I hope I didn't spoil much to those who didn't read this novel yet :)

Author Name:  Jay Asher
Overall Rate: 4.5/5 
credit: google image

Generally, this story is about a girl, Hannah Baker, who commited suicide and before she did that, recorded several tapes. Each tape tells story and reason why she wants to end her life. Each tapes kinda relates to each other *which is my fav because the scene doesn't skip from one part to another . Clay Jensen is the main character in this story and he is one of the reason why Hannad commited suicide. Of course I'm not telling you why :) 

1. This story have a lot of life lesson in it. 
Suicide nowadays have been a really top topics that people talked to and this is the kind of story that can raise awareness about it. This story is not only about suicide There are things like friends and betrayal, rape and bullying, and last but not least romance. In my opinion, Hannah's life is really complicated and dramatic. No ones hears her in pain and even her counselors couldn't help her. Believe it or not, there are people who experience this. Its just we need to concern about people around us.

2. The plot is not cliche.
This is a bonus for me cause usually novels I've read usually have the same story line. This book provide different way of telling story. The girl who've commit suicide is telling her story by sending the tapes to people who involve in her story. Back to the main point, the story line always related with each other. In other words, the people on the tapes are arranged according their sequences. For example, at first she met a guy and then she made friends with a girl,Jessica and the story goes on and on.

There's always pros and cons. So, the cons are that people tends to imitate what Hannah's way to end their life. If I'm not mistaken there is a kid who commit suicide by leaving tapes shortly after series are available on Netflix. In my opinion, people who have problem with their mental health should be accompanied by their trusted adults if the wanted to watch this series.
I think that's all for today's post and I'll continue doing book reviews in future *insyallah :)
Thank you for reading guys and have a nice day

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for sharing this post. Please check out this blog 13 Reasons Why Season: 3

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images